You will be asked to agree to the following "Pre-Treatment Agreement".
If any of the following apply, you are not a good candidate for permanent makeup or saline tattoo removal. The discontinuation of any drug or supplement is NOT suggested or implied and any desire to do so must be discussed with your prescribing physician or medical professional. No exceptions! Please notify your artist of any change in medications or health since your last visit. Questions or concerns must be e-mailed to RebelPMU@gmail.com For the safety of your health and outcome, we will NOT perform treatments on anyone with the following contraindications. If you show up without notifying your artist of any of these, you risk losing your deposit:
- Those who will be receiving ether first or second Covid vaccine within 2 weeks (2 weeks before and after)
- Those with a fever, cough, or any other illness
- Pregnant or lactating women and for 3 months post pregnancy
- Anyone under the age of 18
- Those taking certain medications that thin the blood such as Coumadin, Lovenox, and prescription or over the counter (OTC) NSAIDS
- Blood clotting disorders or hemophilia
- Skin moles, skin lesions, infections, during a herpetic outbreak, or inflammatory response anywhere on the area or nearby surroundings
- Those taking antibiotics or oral steroids
- Recent sun exposure to the area of concern (2 weeks before)
- Those prone to keloid scarring
- Those on Accutane in the past year
- Those with an allergy to Lidocaine, Tetracaine or dye. If allergic to Epinephrine, let artist know to use a non-epi numbing
- Anyone who had chemotherapy in the past year
- Those with uncontrolled diabetes or blood pressure
- Those with autoimmune diseases or major heart problems
- Note: If you have previous permanent makeup done elsewhere on the desired area to be tattooed, you must notify your artist PRIOR TO booking an appointment. If you show up without notifying your artist of this, you risk losing your deposit.
Most permanent makeup procedures are relatively painless, but here are some tips on how you can minimize your discomfort even further...
- No alcohol, coffee, or other caffeinated beverages for a MINIMUM of 24 hours prior to your procedure
- We suggest to plan your tattoo when not on or expecting your menstrual cycle
- Avoid NSAIDS and Omega three supplements- typically 7 days pre and post-treatment. (Seek healthcare guidance pertaining to your health & safety first
-Avoid exercise the morning of your treatment
- Observe the appropriate amount of time after a surgery or laser treatment near your tattoo site
EYEBROW TATTOO PRE-CARE:
- Stop using any topical skin thinners (Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the brow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Discontinue using retinol products 30 days prior to treatment if this applies.
- It is preferred if you wear eyeliner and lashes, but please don't wear foundation or makeup on your brows at all. Lipstick is fine.
LIP TATTOO PRE-CARE:
- VERY IMPORTANT! If you have ever had a cold sore on your lips before (even once) this procedure can aggravate the nerve and cause cold sores to come back. An antiviral prescribed only by a doctor only should be taken beginning 2 days prior to lip tattooing, and 5 days afterwards. L-Lysine may be taken over the counter as an added preventative measure if you are concerned this may happen to you.
- Long-lasting lip makeup must be stopped two days prior. Do not wear lipstick, lip gloss, lip tint, or foundation/face powder the day of your appointment. Eye makeup is more than welcome.
- Your lips cannot be dry for the appointment. If they are dry we will need to reschedule and you will be charged a $100 re-booking fee. You should exfoliate 3 days before and up to your appointment to remove any dry skin. You can use a lip scrub or create your own using a little honey and sugar. For the week leading up to the appointment you must moisturize your lips and as much as possible and drink lots of water!
EYELINER TATTOO PRE-CARE:
- Do not wear eyeliner or mascara when you arrive for your appointment. Long-lasting eye makeup must be stopped two days prior.
- LATISSE/RAPID LASH or other lash enhancement serums must be avoided for 6 months before your procedure and resuming is not suggested on the treated area(s)
- EYELASH EXTENSIONS MUST BE PROFESSIONALLY REMOVED by your lash technician at least 24 HOURS PRIOR to any eyeliner procedure. Rebel Permanent Makeup will not remove eyelash extensions and will decline your service without refund if you fail to comply.
- Contact Lens Wearers: If you wear contacts, you will need to bring a pair of glasses as most clients are unable to insert contacts after the procedure
- NOTE: We will not perform eyeliner on those with Macular Degeneration, skin lesions, obstructions or LASIK in the past 6 months.
CANCELLING/RESCHEDULING: Appointments must be canceled or rescheduled 72 hours in advance in order to avoid rebooking fees. Even with advance notice of cancellation the business incurs costs to process and loss of bookings therefore, deposits will be held and will be applied, in full, towards your next session so long as we have had a full 72 hours notice in which to move your appointment. This policy is non-negotiable.
TARDINESS: If you arrive past 15 minutes late for your scheduled appointment time, you may need to rebook. A minimum rebooking fee of $100 will apply and a portion or all of your non-refundable deposit may also be absorbed since the appointment was forfeited. If there is extra time (on this same day) and we can simply move your appointment time we are happy to do so at no charge. We understand many guests come from quite a distance, and if this is the case, please plan accordingly for traffic. It is recommended to book your procedure when you can allow for a cushion of time to not have issues arriving or ending up late.
GUESTS: Guests are not permitted in the procedure room for any reason, unless they are to assist a handicapped client. Guests in the procedure room can present a hazard to the safety of others, potential cross contamination, and are a distraction to both the client and the technician. This policy will be in place for ALL phases of the procedure from beginning to end.
Small children and therapy pets present a safety risk at the spa and are never allowed in the procedure rooms, even with adult supervision. According to state law, children are not permitted in the studio at any time, even if accompanied with an adult.
We are unable to perform tattoo services on minors under the age of 18 without parental and doctor’s consent. A valid photo ID and birth certificate is required for parent/guardian verification.
You will be asked to agree to the following "Informed Consent Form".
I am over the age of eighteen, am not under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and am not pregnant or nursing and desire to receive the indicated permanent cosmetic procedure.
I acknowledge the receipt of link to instructions advising me of the proper care of my procedures and I recognize the absolute necessity for following these instructions. I understand that my failure to do so may jeopardize my chances for an optimal outcome. The general nature of cosmetic tattooing as well as the specific procedure to be performed has been explained to me. I have been informed of the nature, risks, and possible complications and consequences of permanent pigmentation.
Aftercare products must be approved by Rebel Permanent Makeup. If you have allergies to any specific ingredients, please notify your technician so he/she can suggest an approved alternative. Sharing aftercare products is not allowed as it can result in cross-contamination.
I understand the permanent skin pigmentation procedure carries with it known and unknown complications and consequences associated with this type of cosmetic procedure, including but not limited to scarring, infection, inconsistent color, spreading, fanning, or fading pigments.
Corneal abrasions are a rare side effect, especially if I rub or scratch my eyes or apply contacts too soon after any eyeliner procedure.
I understand the actual color of the pigment may be modified slightly due to the tone and color of my skin.
I understand there may be a certain amount of discomfort or pain associated with the procedure and that adverse side effects may include minor temporary bleeding, bruising, redness, or other discoloration, and swelling. Fading or loss of pigment may occur.
Although the skin of the procedure site is cleaned with microbial cleanser, it is not likely all bacteria will be killed. Deeper layers of skin inhabit micro-flora bacteria. Infection can result from resident micro-flora bacteria not removed even with the use of a thorough skin cleansing. Infections can be acquired anytime the skin is broken. The tattoo process in general leaves the skin barrier open for days and the recipient vulnerable to infection.
I acknowledge that hyper-pigmentation (darkening of the skin) or hypo-pigmentation (absence of color in the skin), or scarring is a possibility as a result of my body’s reaction to the skin being broken during the procedure. I realize that my body is unique and Rebel Permanent Makeup cannot predict how my skin may react as a result of this procedure.
I understand that if I have any skin care treatments, laser hair removal, plastic surgery, or other skin altering procedures, it may result in adverse changes to my permanent cosmetics. I acknowledge some of the potential adverse changes may not be correctable. If permanent cosmetics present possible complications to my existing cosmetic enhancements, treatments or surgeries I will consult with a physician and obtain medical clearance. If I choose to move forward with permanent cosmetics without obtaining medical clearance I assume responsibility and consequences. I understand that future laser treatments or other skin altering procedures, such as plastic surgery, implants, and injections may alter and degrade my permanent makeup. I further understand that such changes are not the responsibility of Rebel Permanent Makeup. I further understand that such changes in my appearance may not be correctable through further permanent makeup procedures.
If I am on medication for depression or any other mood-altering prescription, I will advise my technician. If I ever had cold sores, I will consult with and strictly follow my doctor’s instructions before contemplating permanent cosmetic procedure around my lips. I understand I will be referred to my physician to obtain anti-viral medication in order to have my lips tattooed. If I am unable to obtain anti-viral I will notify Rebel Permanent Makeup. I understand that this is for a cosmetic procedure and not to treat a health condition. It is my responsibility to obtain advice by a medical professional for my best interest if I have any medical related concerns. I release Rebel Permanent Makeup and its technicians and its affiliates of all liability for this self-elected procedure.
I understand that tattoos may cause MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) artefacts and that there may be a warming and/or tingling sensation in the permanent cosmetic procedural area during the MRI due to the iron oxide properties of some pigments. It is understood that I will notify my radiologist, physician, and/or technician of having permanent cosmetics during an MRI procedure.
For documentation for the file and comparison, the taking of before, during, and/or after photographs of my procedure(s) are required for record purposes and for use in presentation portfolios and is a condition of said procedures.
I acknowledge that the procedure(s) will result in a permanent change to my appearance and that no representations have been made to me as to the ability to later change or remove the results. I am aware that cosmetic tattooing is not an exact science, but an art and I acknowledge that no guarantees have been made to me as to the results of the procedure. Rebel Permanent Makeup does not guarantee the success of removal and/or corrective procedures. Client acknowledges counsel by a representative of Rebel Permanent Makeup as to the probability of success of such procedures. I have received no unrealistic warranties or guarantees with respect to the benefits to be realized from, or consequences of, the procedure(s).
I understand my artist cannot and will not predict how well I will take care of my tattoo, how my body will heal, or the outcome of the look of the tattoo therefore there are no guarantees and no refunds will be given for any reason. If I require more work, I will pay for additional touchups. I understand my artist cannot and will not work on me for free. I understand new permanent makeup procedures need at least two sessions to be complete. If more sessions are necessary, new charges will apply.
I understand that my artist will draw an eyebrow, lip, or eyeliner design in order for me to have an idea of what my tattoo will look like (exception: eyeliner various without a wing/upturn). The drawing is a template for the shape, size, and contour of the tattoo. I understand perfect symmetry is not an option considering faces in general are not symmetric, including my own. I understand my artist will aim to achieve the best outcome in symmetry within 80 percent. I will be asked to approve my design with a “thumbs up” hand gesture while having my photo taken to document my approval of the draw design. If I am not comfortable with the design I will notify my artist. If I need more time than what is allotted I understand I will need to schedule and additional time block (cost of $100).
Changing my design after the procedure is complete may not be possible. If a change is requested a full in-person evaluation is required prior to consideration and Rebel Permanent Makeup may choose to decline working on me without a refund. If I engage in removal treatments on my own or visit another professional during my healing time and receive treatment, Rebel Permanent Makeup will refuse service.
If my artist gets a needle stick injury with my used needle I agree to accompany the artist to the emergency room. I further agree to medical testing at my own expense and release of those records to Rebel Permanent Makeup and the artist that performed my procedure.
All of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction, I have enough information on which to base an informed consent to the self-elected procedure(s). I accept full responsibility for the decision to have this cosmetic tattoo application procedure.