THIS VIDEO WALKS YOU THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS FROM CLIENT'S PERSPECTIVE. CHECK IT OUT!
- Stop using any topical skin thinners (Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the brow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment. - Discontinue using retinol products 30 days prior to treatment if this applies. - It is preferred if you wear eyeliner and lashes, but please don't wear foundation or makeup on your eyebrows at all. Lipstick is fine.
If any of the following apply, you are not a good candidate for permanent makeup. The discontinuation of any drug or supplement is NOT suggested or implied and any desire to do so must be discussed with your prescribing physician or medical professional. No exceptions! Please notify your artist of any change in medications or health since your last visit. Questions or concerns must be e-mailed to RebelPMU@gmail.com For the safety of your health and outcome, we will NOT perform treatments on anyone with the following contraindications. If you show up without notifying your artist of any of these, you risk losing your deposit:
- Those who will be receiving ether first or second Covid vaccine within 2 weeks (2 weeks before and after)
- Those with a fever, cough, or any other illness
- Pregnant or lactating women and for 3 months post pregnancy
- Anyone under the age of 18
- Those taking certain medications that thin the blood such as Coumadin, Lovenox, and prescription or over the counter (OTC) NSAIDS
- Blood clotting disorders or hemophilia
- Skin moles, skin lesions, infections, during a herpetic outbreak, or inflammatory response anywhere on the area or nearby surroundings
- Those taking antibiotics or oral steroids
- Recent sun exposure to the area of concern (2 weeks before)
- Those prone to keloid scarring
- Those on Accutane in the past year
- Those with an allergy to Lidocaine, Tetracaine or dye. If allergic to Epinephrine, let artist know to use a non-epi numbing
- Anyone who had chemotherapy in the past year
- Those with uncontrolled diabetes or blood pressure
- Those with autoimmune diseases or major heart problems
- Note: If you have previous permanent makeup done elsewhere on the desired area to be tattooed, you must notify your artist PRIOR TO booking an appointment. If you show up without notifying your artist of this, you risk losing your deposit.
Most permanent makeup procedures are relatively painless, but here are some tips on how you can minimize your discomfort even further
- No alcohol, coffee, or other caffeinated beverages for a MINIMUM of 24 hours prior to your procedure
- We suggest to plan your tattoo when not on or expecting your menstrual cycle
- Avoid NSAIDS and Omega three supplements- typically 7 days pre and post-treatment. (Seek healthcare guidance pertaining to your health & safety first)
-Avoid exercise the morning of your treatment
- Observe the appropriate amount of time after a surgery or laser treatment near your tattoo site
Day 1: Right after treatment, blot with a CLEAN, DRY tissue and keep blotting every 15 minutes for first 2 hours. Do not let anything touch your brows including glasses and hair.
Days 1-10: The morning after your treatment, gently wash with a fragrance free soap and water, pat dry then apply a rice grain size amount of the moisturizing cream per your artist. Avoid scrubbing; use fingertips only to gently wash. Absolutely NO PICKING! Repeat the steps above 2-3 times per day for the next 7-10 days. *Note: Skip the moisturizing step if you have oily skin.
For 2 weeks MINIMUM, NO makeup on or near the brows, NO swimming, NO saunas, NO sweating, NO retinol, NO laying on the brows, NO waxing, NO tanning, NO picking! Protect yourself and your investment with proper after-care. Better after-care = better results! Never touch your fresh tattoo unless you just washed & sanitized your hands first. No prolonged sun exposure for ideally 30 days after. Your brows will be dark & bold at first, then MUCH lighter! The color takes approximately 4 weeks to fully adjust. Do not judge the result before then. We can make minor adjustments at the follow up. Never use Vaseline, Neosporin or anything other than what Rebel Permanent Makeup suggests. Once healed, using SPF and avoiding anti-aging on the tattoo will help preserve it. Other things that can contribute to premature fading: Frequent exercising & sweating / Oily skin / Fast metabolism / Iron deficiency / Hypo/er thyroidism / Hormone replacement medications / Other daily medications / Smoking / Sunbeds & sunbathing / Not using sun protection / Excessive exfoliating / Harsh cleansers or anti-aging products.
-Protect yourself & your investment with proper aftercare. Better aftercare means better results!
- NEVER TOUCH YOUR FRESH TATTOO OR YOU RISK GIVING YOURSELF AN INFECTION!
- Never use Vaseline, Neosporin, or anything other than what Rebel Permanent Makeup suggests or you liable if anything goes wrong during your healing process.
- How your body heals your permanent makeup is out of the control of the technician. This is 100% your body's job. Even when following the aftercare fading, blurring or poor retention can still happen depending on your skin, products used and lifestyle. Results are 1/4 pre-care, 1/4 how well color was implanted, 1/4 after-care, 1/4 how your body heals.
- IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW, YOU MAY RUIN THE RESULTS. IT IS UP TO THE TECHNICIAN'S DISCRETION IF SHE FEELS IT IS NO LONGER PRODUCTIVE TO DO ANY FUTURE SERVICES IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW PROPER AFTERCARE AND CAN RELEASE YOU AT ANY TIME. (To be followed for all new tattoo and touch-up sessions.)
- If you have any questions or in the rare event you suspect an infection, please email RebelPMU@gmail.com right away.